Follow Travelikealocal on Twitter

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

About this blog...

I created this blog to share insider information about travel locations. I always spend a few weeks doing web and guidebook research before visiting a new place, but I always find useful tips and cool spots when I'm there that I can't find by searching in advance. It makes me want to revisit the location again once I've learned about the great local places. I usually figure out ways to make the next trip better and more affordable.

So, I'll share this information with you in the hopes that you'll find interesting information that you can't easily find elsewhere. I'll focus on the cultural flavor and on local and organic food spots as much as possible. I will also focus on nature appreciation and activities and will highlight gay friendly destinations. And I'll tell you about the true values. There's nothing worse than paying too much for a unsatisfactory hotel or a crappy meal.


* Disclaimers*

This blog is not for you if:

  • you only like to visit places teaming with tourists
  • you prefer nightlife over nature
  • you are not willing to venture from the well-beaten tourist path
  • you seek out McDonald's and Ruby Tuesdays when you travel

No comments: